|Home > Welcome > LEUDC Crest
MOTTO: PROGRESS BY ENDEVOUR. Granted 8th April 1954. (information by Robert Turton)
The wavy blue bands represent the three rivers Trent, Erewash and Derwent and the chevron indicates housing and denotes the residential aspect of the district. The two smaller black bars indicate railway lines, for the railways in the district. The Tudor Rose indicates the association with the County of Derbyshire and the lace indicates that the town was founded on the lace industry. The tower, fire bombs and lion denote the association with the Earl of Harrington. The torch represents schools, learning and industry and the celestial crown the Churches of All Saints, St. Laurence and St. John.